BALLER MOVE: Continue Scouting
ANALYSIS: Brad Miller has been hitting better in the month of June than he had to start the season, but that only means his average now sits slightly above the Mendoza line at .207. This would be a tolerable average to some if he hit for more power, stole more bases, or contributed in any kind of significant way. He has offered some pop in the low double digits in his minor league career and has that this year, but a lot of other players will offer you that as well.
The bad news also only keeps on coming for Brad Miller, as his peripherals are not pretty either. His strikeout rate is up 5 percent from his career norms, and he is striking out nearly 25 % of the time. When you strike out that often, it doesn’t lead to many good results and is only acceptable if you offer some more pop. I hate to be so low on someone, so I will say that Miller did hit for average in the minors. However, I feel the Mariners have rushed him. He needs more seasoning in the minors to work on his mechanics. Ride him while he is somewhat hot if you really need him, but otherwise ignore him for now until he shows more consistency.
Hot Trending Articles
- Play free fantasy baseball at Fleaflicker-- year-round Commissioner and Dynasty Leagues
- 2015 Fantasy Baseball Mock Drafts
- RotoBaller's daily updated 2015 fantasy baseball draft sleepers list
- 2015 Fantasy Baseball Rankings, Sleepers, Dynasty and Keepers
- RotoBaller's MLB closers and saves depth charts for fantasy baseball
- Check out more RotoBaller content.