Gleyber Torres Not Ready to Start Rehab Assignment Yet
There was optimism earlier this week that Detroit Tigers second baseman Gleyber Torres (oblique) would start a minor-league rehab assignment with Triple-A Toledo on Tuesday, but the team has pumped the brakes on that, and manager A.J. Hinch said he's still "day-to-day," according to Chris McCosky of The Detroit News. "We don't have a definitive plan," Hinch said. Torres has been performing light baseball activities as he recovers from a left-oblique strain, but he's just not ready yet to play in games. The 29-year-old Venezuelan infielder will return to starting duties at the keystone in Detroit when he's ready, but it's unclear exactly when that will be. Barring a setback, Torres should be back before June. In 116 at-bats in 2026, he's hitting .259/.389/.328 with a .716 OPS, two homers, 11 RBI, and 18 runs scored. Torres won't give fantasy managers much power, but he's a great source of on-base percentage. Until he's ready to come off the IL, expect Zach McKinstry and Hao-Yu Lee to continue splitting time at second base.
Source: The Detroit News - Chris McCosky
Source: The Detroit News - Chris McCosky
Read More News
RADIO



