👉 TAP TO SAVE 50% WITH CODE SUMMER
X
Lost password?

Don't have an account?
Gain Access Now

X

Receive free daily analysis

NFL
NBA
NHL
NASCAR
CFB
MLB
MMA
PGA
ESPORTS
BETTING

Already have an account? Log In

X

Forgot Password


Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
See RotoBaller at the top of Google

Aug 19, 2026, 7:18 PM ET

Los Angeles Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said that right-handed closer Edwin Diaz (neck) got a "best-case" prognosis from his doctor's visit on Wednesday, with his MRI exam coming back clean, per Jack Harris of The California Post. There were no other "findings" in his neck. Diaz will be shut down from throwing for "a couple days," according to Roberts, before the team sees how he is feeling from there. The Dodgers placed the struggling closer on the 15-day injured list on Tuesday due to inflammation in his neck, which the team believes may have been caused by a lower arm angle this year. Diaz also missed time in his first season in L.A. after having surgery to clean up loose bodies in his right elbow. Since coming off the IL for his elbow surgery, the 32-year-old Puerto Rican really struggled, posting a 12.91 ERA (6.86 FIP) with two losses, three saves, and three blown saves in nine appearances over 7 2/3 innings. Diaz has been a major bust in his first year with the Dodgers, but he might not require a lengthy IL stay this time around, and he is still rostered in 72% of Yahoo leagues. Until he returns, lefty Tanner Scott should resume primary closing duties for Roberts.--Keith Hernandez
Source: The California Post - Jack Harris
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
See RotoBaller at the top of Google

Aug 19, 2026, 7:07 PM ET

Denver Broncos head coach Sean Payton said on Wednesday that quarterback Bo Nix will have a similar workload to the starters in last week's preseason opener against the Atlanta Falcons when he makes the start this week in the second preseason contest against the Green Bay Packers at home, according to Zac Stevens of DNVR Sports. It will be Nix's first game since suffering a broken right ankle in the Divisional Round win over the Buffalo Bills in the playoffs in January. The 26-year-old former first-rounder out of Oregon had a cleanup procedure on his ankle in April, but he's been a full participant since the start of training camp and isn't expected to have any limitations when the 2026 regular season kicks off in Week 1 in a showdown on Monday night versus the division-rival Kansas City Chiefs. Nix has been a top-10 fantasy signal-caller in each of his two seasons in the NFL, and while many folks might be hesitant to select him after ankle surgery, he could also have his highest ceiling yet in his third year after the addition of speedy receiver Jaylen Waddle. RotoBaller has Nix ranked as the No. 16 fantasy QB.--Keith Hernandez
Source: DNVR Sports - Zac Stevens
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
See RotoBaller at the top of Google

Aug 19, 2026, 6:59 PM ET

Two-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Vita Vea and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers reached an agreement on Wednesday on a one-year contract extension for $30 million, which ties him to the team for two more seasons, sources told Adam Schefter of ESPN. Vea receives $6 million in new money this year. The two sides came together on a new deal before the start of the 2026 season in September after the 31-year-old interior defensive lineman requested a trade at the start of training camp. The Bucs made it clear that they had no plans to trade him, even with a handful of interested teams checking in on his availability. Vea's new-money value of $30 million ranks him fifth in average annual value in the league. The former 12th overall pick in 2018 from the University of Washington is not really a fantasy asset in IDP formats, but he has been a key run-stuffing cog for the Bucs defense in his eight years in the league. Vea had a career-high seven sacks in 2024 and followed it up with a 4.5-sack season and 34 total tackles in 17 starts in 2025.--Keith Hernandez
Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
See RotoBaller at the top of Google

Aug 19, 2026, 6:47 PM ET

Indianapolis Colts head coach Shane Steichen gave a positive update on wide receiver Alec Pierce (ankle) after Wednesday's training camp practice, saying, "Alec is in a great spot right now. I watched him work out (Tuesday) in the indoor (facility) and he's moving around really good. Hopefully we will have him back soon," per Kevin Bowen of 107.5 The Fan. The 26-year-old remains on the Physically Unable to Perform list in camp after having surgery on his left ankle in April, but the Colts remain optimistic that he will be ready for Week 1 of the 2026 regular season in early September. He was seen doing individual work off to the side on Wednesday, perhaps indicating that he could be getting close to coming off the PUP list. When fully healthy, Pierce is expected to have an elevated role in Indy's passing attack in 2026 now that Michael Pittman Jr. is in Pittsburgh. The former second-rounder from Cincinnati led the NFL in each of the last two years in yards per catch (21.8), scored 13 total touchdowns in those two seasons, and had his first 1,000-yard campaign in 2025. Still, with plenty of time missed this summer and in the offseason, Pierce has become a shaky boom/bust WR4/flex target in fantasy football drafts.--Keith Hernandez
Source: 107.5 The Fan - Kevin Bowen
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
See RotoBaller at the top of Google

Aug 19, 2026, 5:59 PM ET

Green Bay Packers tight end Tucker Kraft (knee) had a big practice in training camp on Sunday in his return to 11-on-11 work for the first time since suffering a torn ACL last year, and he was impressive again in Tuesday's session, according to Bill Huber of Sports Illustrated. Huber writes that Kraft showed that "he's going to be a force to be reckoned with this season." "He's worked his tail off. You know, congratulations to him," general manager Brian Gutekunst said. Kraft caught four passes on Sunday and another five on Tuesday as he works his way back into the fold in Green Bay's offense as a high-end target for quarterback Jordan Love. The 25-year-old said on Sunday that the Packers could put him on a snap count early in the season as he works back from his ACL tear. The former third-rounder from South Dakota State was one of the best TEs in the league in 2025 before he got hurt, catching 32 of 44 targets for 489 yards and six touchdowns in eight games. Regardless of potential snap-count concerns early on, Kraft is going to be drafted as a top-five player at his position.--Keith Hernandez
Source: Sports Illustrated - Bill Huber
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
See RotoBaller at the top of Google

Aug 19, 2026, 5:50 PM ET

Detroit Lions tight end Sam LaPorta (undisclosed) was not present at Wednesday's training camp practice due to an undisclosed injury, according to Jeremy Reisman of Pride of Detroit. Reisman writes that there is no word yet on the nature of LaPorta's injury after he worked all offseason to rehab from back surgery that limited him to nine games in 2025. Fantasy managers should be worried if LaPorta's absence on Wednesday is related to his back. But for now, we will consider him day-to-day. After recovering from back surgery, the former second-rounder in 2023 from Iowa has been excellent in training camp practices to this point and could easily bounce back to being a high-end pass-catching TE for fantasy managers in 2026. RotoBaller currently has LaPorta ranked as the No. 6 fantasy option at the position, behind Brock Bowers, Trey McBride, Colston Loveland, Tyler Warren, and Tucker Kraft. He is a fine target at TE if you do not want to spend top dollar at the position. Don't forget that LaPorta burst onto the NFL scene in his first two years in the league with 146 receptions (203 targets) for 1,615 yards and 17 total touchdowns.--Keith Hernandez
Source: Pride of Detroit - Jeremy Reisman
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
See RotoBaller at the top of Google

Aug 19, 2026, 5:36 PM ET

Texas Rangers right-hander Jacob deGrom (triceps) will make the start on Thursday against the Washington Nationals, according to Evan Grant of The Dallas Morning News. The Rangers pulled deGrom from his last start early last Thursday against the division-rival Los Angeles Angels after just two innings due to fatigue in his right triceps, but he has responded well since then and will toe the rubber against the Nats on Thursday. The 38-year-old veteran hurler still has enough strikeout upside to be relevant in nearly all fantasy baseball leagues, but a potential short leash on Thursday will limit his DFS upside against Washington as he returns from another injury. In his 23 starts for Texas this year over 120 2/3 innings pitched, the two-time Cy Young winner has gone 8-8 with a 3.95 ERA (3.25 FIP) and a 1.17 WHIP with 147 strikeouts and 31 walks. Fantasy managers need to keep in mind that he has not gone beyond five innings since his final start in June.--Keith Hernandez
Source: The Dallas Morning News - Evan Grant
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
See RotoBaller at the top of Google

Aug 19, 2026, 5:27 PM ET

Toronto Blue Jays first baseman Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (concussion) is going through a full workout today that consists of running, fielding groundballs, and taking on-field batting practice, and the team is still targeting Saturday for his activation from the seven-day concussion injured list, according to Arden Zwelling of Sportsnet. Guerrero could play in a minor-league rehab game on Thursday or Friday with Single-A Dunedin if he clears his concussion testing. Fantasy managers can only hope that the 27-year-old six-time All-Star and two-time Silver Slugger winner can reset offensively after his short stint on the concussion IL to finish strong in 2026. Through his first 430 at-bats this year, Vladdy has been one of the biggest busts in fantasy, slashing .263/.337/.356 with a career-worst .693 OPS, only seven home runs, 46 RBI, 61 runs scored, and seven stolen bases in 115 games and 486 plate appearances. Despite how bad he has been, especially in the power department, Guerrero should remain rostered in all fantasy leagues. He is rostered in 96% of Yahoo leagues.--Keith Hernandez
Source: Sportsnet.ca - Arden Zwelling
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
See RotoBaller at the top of Google

Aug 19, 2026, 5:20 PM ET

Seattle Mariners outfielder Taylor Ward (quadriceps) is back in the team's starting lineup for Wednesday's game on the road against the Milwaukee Brewers, serving as the designated hitter and batting eighth against right-hander Dustin May, per MLB.com. Ward is returning to action after missing each of the last five games due to a quad injury. Dominic Canzone is starting in right field and will bat third for the M's. Fantasy managers who have Ward rostered might want to think about keeping him benched until he can show some signs of life at the plate. The 32-year-old right-handed slugger has not been able to find his power stroke this year and has only seven long balls after clubbing a career-high 36 homers and driving in 103 in a career year with the Los Angeles Angels in 2025. Since joining Seattle at the trade deadline, Ward has gone 5-for-32 (.156) at the plate with zero homers, zero walks, and six strikeouts in eight games. He has one hit in just three career at-bats against May.--Keith Hernandez
Source: MLB.com
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
See RotoBaller at the top of Google

Aug 19, 2026, 5:14 PM ET

Athletics shortstop Jacob Wilson (shoulder) will sit out another game on Wednesday on the road against the Kansas City Royals at Kauffman Stadium, according to MLB.com. Donovan Walton will get the nod at the 6 for the A's and will hit eighth against Royals veteran right-hander Seth Lugo. Wilson will start on the bench for a third straight game due to soreness in his left shoulder. The 24-year-old Wilson's fantasy stock continues to slide in what has been a disappointing and injury-plagued 2026 season. The former first-rounder from Grand Canyon University is currently slashing .266/.298/.388 with a .685 OPS, seven home runs, 37 RBI, 37 runs scored, and four stolen bases across 80 games and 337 plate appearances in his second full season in the majors. Dating back to last year, Wilson has homered just 20 times with nine stolen bases, leaving little upside in fantasy at the premier shortstop position. In 10 games so far in August, Wilson has gone 7-for-37 (.189) with zero homers, four RBI, no walks, and six strikeouts. He is now rostered in just under 50% of Yahoo leagues.--Keith Hernandez
Source: MLB.com
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
See RotoBaller at the top of Google

Aug 19, 2026, 5:07 PM ET

San Francisco Giants shortstop Willy Adames (back) is starting at shortstop and batting third in Wednesday's contest on the road against the Cleveland Guardians and left-hander Parker Messick, per MLB.com. Adames will return for the first time in exactly a week due to recurring back spasms. Christian Koss, who was filling in at the 6 with Adames out, will slide over to third base on Wednesday. The 30-year-old Adames still has pop at the shortstop position -- he has hit 19 home runs in 116 games -- but he's hitting only .224 (100-for-446) with a .285 on-base percentage and career-worst .697 OPS in 485 plate appearances. Adames hit just over .200 in 24 games in July with four homers, 13 RBI, 10 walks, and 28 strikeouts, and he has gone 8-for-38 (.211) with a homer, three RBI, seven walks, and 10 K's in 11 games so far in August. He is returning on Wednesday in Cleveland against a pitcher he has never faced. Against lefties in 2026, Adames is hitting a soft .186 (21-for-113) with only three of his 19 home runs.--Keith Hernandez
Source: MLB.com
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
See RotoBaller at the top of Google

Aug 19, 2026, 5:00 PM ET

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Ryan Flournoy "continues to build" on his 2025 breakout, according to Jon Machota of The Athletic. Machota also reports that Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott "has a lot of trust" in Flournoy. Flournoy established himself as the WR3 in Dallas behind CeeDee Lamb and George Pickens last season, recording 40 catches for 475 yards and four touchdowns on 56 targets across 16 games. As long as Lamb and Pickens stay healthy in 2026, it could be difficult for Flournoy to provide consistent production for fantasy managers. Still, the 26-year-old is an improving young player who appears to be carving out a role for himself in the Cowboys' offense. In deeper league formats and dynasty leagues, Flournoy could be worth rostering entering 2026.--Will Brady
Source: The Athletic - Jon Machota
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
See RotoBaller at the top of Google

Aug 19, 2026, 4:55 PM ET

The Baltimore Orioles reinstated catcher Samuel Basallo (shoulder) from the 10-day injured list, and he is starting at first base and batting cleanup for the O's in Wednesday's contest against the division-rival New York Yankees and right-hander Will Warren at Camden Yards, manager Craig Albernaz told Matt Weyrich of The Baltimore Sun. Basallo is back in the big leagues after going 1-for-9 with a double in two minor-league rehab games. Wednesday will be his first game action back with Baltimore since July 19. The 22-year-old Dominican backstop will be returning to a .241/.305/.450 slash line with a .756 OPS, 16 home runs, 46 RBI, and 34 runs scored in his 282 at-bats in just his second year in the majors. The left-handed hitter is one of the better young power options at the catcher position, and he is the club's long-term option behind the plate after they traded Adley Rutschman to the Boston Red Sox earlier this month. If you need help at catcher, Basallo should be scooped up off the waiver wire immediately. He is rostered in only 36% of Yahoo leagues right now. Basallo has four hits and an RBI in 10 career at-bats against Warren.--Keith Hernandez
Source: The Baltimore Sun - Matt Weyrich
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
See RotoBaller at the top of Google

Aug 19, 2026, 4:52 PM ET

Jacksonville Jaguars running back Bhayshul Tuten "looked like an absolute star" in the team's joint practice with the Carolina Panthers on Wednesday, according to John Shipley of Sports Illustrated. A fourth-round pick in the 2025 NFL Draft, Tuten recorded 386 scrimmage yards and seven touchdowns on 93 touches across 15 games as a rookie. With former Jaguars running back Travis Etienne Jr. now a member of the New Orleans Saints, Tuten could have a chance to break out as the clear RB1 in Jacksonville in 2026. The Jaguars signed veteran back Chris Rodriguez Jr. in free agency, and the team is currently listing Tuten and Rodriguez Jr. as co-starters. However, it appears as though Tuten could be separating himself with his play in training camp. The 22-year-old profiles as a high-upside running back who could wind up as a steal for fantasy managers at his current redraft ADP of RB25.--Will Brady
Source: Sports Illustrated - John Shipley
Share:
Link copied to clipboard!
See RotoBaller at the top of Google

Aug 19, 2026, 4:43 PM ET

Dallas Cowboys running back Jaydon Blue (shoulder) sat out the team's joint practice with the New Orleans Saints due to shoulder soreness, per Jon Machota of The Athletic. Machota reports that Blue suffered the shoulder injury during the Cowboys' preseason opener against the Seattle Seahawks on Saturday. A fifth-round pick in the 2025 NFL Draft, Blue appeared in just five games as a rookie and finished the year with 134 scrimmage yards and a touchdown on 39 touches. Entering 2026, veteran running back Javonte Williams remains firmly atop the Cowboys' depth chart at the position. However, Blue appears to have a chance to earn the team's RB2 role, with Phil Mafah and Malik Davis profiling as his primary competition. While Blue has reportedly had a solid training camp so far, this shoulder injury could threaten to derail his progress. Fantasy managers should monitor for further updates on Blue in the coming days.--Will Brady
Source: The Athletic - Jon Machota
Page 1 of 30123456...

REAL-TIME FANTASY NEWS

RANKINGS
C
1B
2B
3B
SS
OF
SP
RP

RANKINGS

QB
RB
WR
TE
K
DEF