Don't have an account?
Join the Best Live Fantasy Chat Community!

Lost password? [X]

Receive free daily analysis:


Already have an account? Log in here.


Forgot Password


DraftKings Daily Fantasy Baseball Picks (7/15/19): MLB DFS Lineups

Monday's schedule in Major League Baseball has a total of 11 games, with 10 evening contests starting after 7:05 p.m. ET. Be sure to double-check the weather and the lineups before finalizing your roster.

In this article, I will be providing you with my daily fantasy baseball lineup picks for DraftKings on 7/15/19. The lineup picks will range from some of the elite players to mid-priced options and value plays. You can also read more DFS advice and lineup picks for sites like FanDuel, and other sports too.

If you have any questions or comments, contact me on Twitter @danieledobish.

Editor's Note: Get our 2020 MLB Premium Pass for 50% off, with exclusive access to our draft kit, premium rankings, player projections and outlooks, our top sleepers, dynasty and prospect rankings, 20 preseason and in-season lineup tools, and over 200 days of expert DFS research and tools. Sign Up Now!


Today's Weather

The only trouble spot in terms of precipitation will be Busch Stadium in St. Louis, where the remnants from Tropical Storm Barry will be rolling through the area. There is a 60 percent chance of precipitation at first pitch, tapering off to 40 percent by 9 p.m. CT. After 10 p.m. CT, the chances diminish significantly, so this game might be played, perhaps with a multiple-hour delay.

The only other spot affected by the elements will be at Wrigley Field for the game between the Cincinnati Reds and Chicago Cubs. The winds will be blowing out directly to center field at 11-14 mph.


DraftKings DFS Starting Pitchers

Adam Plutko - P, CLE vs. DET ($7,800)

Plutko moves back into the starting rotation after a month-long stint coming out of the bullpen. Facing the Tigers is a nice way to get back on track, as the Indians are 24-7 in their past 31 games at home against Detroit, and 51-18 in the past 69 meetings overall. The Indians will be facing LHP Daniel Norris, and they're 9-2 in the past 11 vs. LHP and 12-3 in the past 15 inside the division. It's a favorable matchup for Plutko at a nice price.

Rick Porcello - P, BOS vs. TOR ($6,300)

The Red Sox host the Blue Jays looking to bounce back after dropping two of three over the weekend to the Dodgers. It's a great play on spot for Porcello and the Red Sox, as the Blue Jays are just 1-5 in the past six road games and 2-8 in RHP Trent Thornton's past 10 starts against teams with a winning overall record. Toronto is also 16-35 in the past 51 meetings with Boston, and 4-12 in the past 16 trips to Fenway.


DraftKings DFS Infielders

Willson Contreras - C, CHC vs. CIN ($3,900)

Contreras (foot) missed Sunday's game after leaving the contest on Saturday due to a sore foot, so be sure to double- and triple-check the starting lineup to make sure Contreras is part of the starting nine. He is having a magical season, slashing .286/.382/.565 with 14 doubles, a triple and 19 home runs while driving in 55 across 262 at-bats. That's amazing production at this price level.

Albert Pujols - 1B, LAA vs. HOU ($3,600) 

The Astros pitching staff is in a bit of disarray with SP Brad Peacock scratched from his start. The Astros will use an opener in RHP Josh James before turning to LHP Framber Valdez. It's a favorable matchup for all of the Angels hitters. Pujols is a solid play at a mid-tier price.

DJ LeMahieu - 2B, NYY vs. TB ($4,500)

LeMahieu will be facing LHP Blake Snell, which is never an easy task, but if anyone can success it will be the All-Star second baseman. He is hitting .329 (26-for-79) with seven doubles, two homers and 13 RBI vs. LHP this season.

Michael Brosseau - 3B/2B, TB at NYY ($3,700)

Brosseau comes on the cheap, but he has been hot in recent days. He is on a 5-for-12 (.417) run with three homers and five RBI over the past week. Strike while the iron is hot if you're looking for some cheap power (and who isn't?!).

Xander Bogaerts - SS, BOS vs. TOR ($5,300)

Bogaerts is the second-most expensive option at his position, but he is worth it. He has hit safely in six consecutive outings, going 9-for-25 (.360) with four homers and 13 RBI during the impressive span.


DraftKings DFS Outfielders

Yordan Alvarez - OF, HOU at LAA ($4,800)

Alvarez carries an eight-game hitting streak into play against RHP Griffin Canning, and the hits haven't been cheapies. He is 14-for-33 (.424) with two homers, 11 RBI and three runs scored during his current run.

 Whit Merrifield - OF/2B, KC vs. CHW ($4,300)

Merrifield enters play on Monday with a 12-game hitting streak, the longest active run in the majors. He is slashing .375/.455/.521 during the 12-game run, posting nine runs scored with seven walks, too.

MLB DFS News and Injury Alerts