RotoCole’s Daily Fantasy Baseball Lineup Advice: April 4th Edition
In the preseason, we brought you Daily League Strategy Part 1 and Part 2. Now, all season long, I will be giving you my advice on who to start in your daily fantasy lineups. Initially, this advice will cater to those who play on Fanduel. They offer some of the best gaming options for beginners, intermediate, and expert level players. Our job here at RotoBaller is to make your daily fantasy gaming experience a fun and successful one. Whether you are new to the daily fantasy scene or have been playing for years, our columns will be up-to-date and useful for all levels of experience. If you are indeed new to the scene, tweet me at @RotoCole and I will personally show you the ropes. Let’s win together. Ladies (one or two reading this) and gentlemen, here is your late game Daily Fantasy Baseball lineup advice for the late games on April 4th, 2013:
Prime Time Play: 1B Ryan Howard ($3,600) - Howard is 4-7 with two HRs in his career against Kris Medlen. Start him in all formats.
1. 3B Lonnie Chisenhall ($3,300) - LC is 2-5 in his career against Mark Buehrle and both of those hits were home runs. I'm rolling with him on all daily fantasy websites.
2. OF Nick Swisher ($3,300) - The dude is 10-25 in his career against Buehrle and adds 7 walks to that line. He just flat out rakes against Buehrle and he is cheap. If he isn't in your lineup I'm just going to assume you didn't read this.
3. OF Shane Victorino ($3,900) - The new guy in Boston is 5-9 against Pettitte in his career with a homer.
Suicide Squeezes - squeezing these players into your lineup will likely result in fantasy suicide:
1. SS Asdrubal Cabrera ($3,600) - Cabrera is only 8-38 over the course of his career against Mark Buehrle. Look elsewhere for your SS.
2. 2B Dustin Pedroia ($4,200) - He is 9-40 in his career against Andy Pettitte with no home runs and one walk.
3. 2B Dan Uggla ($3,700) - Dan Uggla is just 4-22 in his career versus Cliff Lee. He has struck out in 10 of those 22 at bats.
RotoCole’s Fanduel Lineup for April 4th, 2013:
C: Mike Napoli ($3,400) - He is 6-12 in his career against Pettitte. He also has 2 walks over that span. He is the best catcher-eligible option today.
1B: Ryan Howard ($3,600) - Our prime time play of the day will be heavily relied upon against ATL stud Kris Medlen.
2B: Robinson Cano ($4,200) - Only 1-4 in his career against Ryan Dempster, but he is the only second baseman who might do anything tonight. Therefore, I'm willing to overpay for him.
3B: Lonnie Chisenhall ($3,300) - One of our Thursday Specials, Chisenhall is one of the only Indians you can start with confidence.
SS: Eduardo Nunez ($3,000) - Jeter's replacement has a nice night on Wednesday going 2-3 with a walk and stolen base. I will buy him cheap and hope he stays hot against Dempster.
OF: Nick Swisher ($3,300) - Look at his stats above, insert into your lineup and hope for continued success.
OF: Shane Victorino ($3,900) - 5-9 in his career against Pettitte and has a hot bat right now.
OF: Jacoby Ellsbury ($4,200) - The resurgent Ellsbury is 8-20 against Pettitte in his career. Start the confident slugger even at his high price.
P: Mark Buehrle ($6,000) - He is cheap and has a great chance at picking up a win at home against Cleveland.