Each week of the NFL season I will take a look at how to improve your fantasy football teams. Below I highlight wide receivers (WRs) and defenses (DEF) that need to be considered on the Week 12 waiver wire for your fantasy football teams. Some may have a good matchup for Week 12, or have been putting up relevant points and should be rostered.
What's up ballers? Hopefully some of you have clinched a playoff spot or about to following the advice found at Rotoballer.com. For this week I'll be recommending two younger WR's and a tried true name everyone has heard of. This week I will break my rules and recommend Santonio Holmes again. I will be the first to state that I'm not a member of the Holmes fan club. However, his matchups and big play ability make him a nice option (if he stays healthy). I will continue to be recommending defenses that are nice streamer choices based off the matchup.
With that said, lets get to it. Here are the waiver recommendations this week by priority order:
Week 12 Waiver Wire Pickups – Wide Receivers (WR)
Ace Sanders, WR, JAX - Waiver Wire Pickup
Santonio Holmes, WR, NYJ - Waiver Wire Pickup
Marquise Goodwin, WR, BUF - Waiver Wire Pickup
Previously Mentioned Players: Jericho Cotchery, WR, PIT, Dexter McCluster, WR, KC
Players I recommend beyond rules (above 25% ownership or previously recommended). Add these WR players immediately if they are available in your leagues (in priority order):
- Josh Gordon, WR, CLE - continues to play well regardless of who is at QB.
- Percy Harvin, WR, SEA - first game of the season was on a limited snap count...expect value to rise in upcoming weeks
- Jarrett Boykin, WR, GB - Another solid game for Boykin 6 catches, 91 yrds. Beware owners...Cobb will be back around week 14 so the value of him may dip soon...depending on injuries
- Harry Douglas, WR, ATL - Solid week with 134yrds and a 1td. Value may take a dip with Roddy White back but still will get opportunities
- T.Y. Hilton, WR, IND - had a modest game vs a solid Tennessee defense
- Keenan Allen, WR, SD - Hyperextended his knee...watch injury report
- Terrance Williams, WR, DAL - bye week
- Golden Tate, WR, SEA - bad game with only one catch this week
- Doug Baldwin, WR, SEA - another week another td...only had two catches
- Emmanuel Sanders, WR, PIT - exited last week due to a foot injury...monitor this situation as Markus Wheaton could get his place
- DeAndre Hopkins, WR, HOU - was benched last week for 'mental errors'...watch this situation closely
- Michael Crabtree, WR, SF - Won't be back until late to mid Nov.
Week 12 Waiver Wire Pickups – Defenses (DEF)
Defense no-brainer starts: BAL (vs NYJ), HOU (vs JAX)
Cleveland, DEF - Waiver Wire Pickup
Dallas, DEF - Waiver Wire Pickup
Paul Worrilow, IDP - LB, ATL - Waiver Wire Pickup
1. I will not repeat waiver selections. All mentioned players prior to week 4 will apply to the current waiver options and going forward.
2. I will only recommend players that are lower than 25% ownership in Yahoo! or ESPN leagues.
As always, you can find all of our weekly waiver wire recommendations on our famous waiver wire pickups list. And if you haven’t joined the best and largest fantasy football chat room community on the web, check out the RotoBaller.com Fantasy Football chat room for live fantasy advice, sit/start questions, and more.