3 Starting Pitcher Waiver Wire Sleepers
Michael Pineda – NYY (50% Owned)
In his first start since April 23rd, Michael Pineda delivered five innings allowing just two hits and one earned run while striking out four. New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi will likely ease Pineda back into his normal workload, so fantasy owners may need to be patient.
Although Pineda has suffered an injury-plagued and controversy-laden season, his stats have been quite impressive. Outside of the start that he left due to injury, Pineda has not allowed more than one earned run in any outing.
His 0.98 WHIP is efficient, but fantasy owners should not expect consistent high-strikeout games. Until he shows otherwise, Pineda should be considered in all formats.
Mike Fiers – MIL (49% Owned)
The Milwaukee Brewers rotation continues produce at a high level. The latest emergence has been Mike Fiers. In his three starts for the Brew Crew, Fiers has gone 21 innings, allowing only two earned runs and striking out a remarkable 25 batters. The highlight of the three starts was the outing last week against the Cubs in which he threw six shutout innings and struck out an incredible 14 batters.
Fiers has shown that he can deliver quality outings, and he should immediately be added in all formats. He has earned the win in all three starts, and with the way the Brewers have provided run support most of this year, you can expect Fiers to continue winning games if he continues to pitch the way he has.
Carlos Carrasco – CLE (9 % Owned)
The Indians have turned to Carlos Carrasco, and they must be pleased with what they have seen over his last starts. Facing two AL East playoff contenders in consecutive starts, Carrasco surely exceeded expectations by throwing 12 shutout innings combined against the Yankees and Orioles.
The Indians made sure he was rewarded, as they provided enough run support for Carrasco to earn the win in each start. For the immediate future, Carrasco should be looked at in deep leagues only, but if he continues to pitch like he has the past couple outings, then all fantasy owners should consider him an option for the stretch run.
- RotoBaller's daily updated 2014 fantasy baseball waiver wire pickups list
- MLB Batter vs. Pitcher (BvP) matchups grid with sortable daily matchups & DFS stats
- Check the daily MLB lineups to see who's starting & sitting
- RotoBaller's MLB closers and saves depth charts for fantasy baseball
- Daily Fantasy Baseball (DFS) Expert Lineup Picks
- Play free fantasy baseball at Fleaflicker-- year-round Commissioner and Dynasty Leagues
- 2014 MLB Prospects & Fantasy Baseball Rookies
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball Rankings
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers
- Check out more RotoBaller Cleveland Indians content.
- Check out more RotoBaller Milwaukee Brewers content.
- Check out more RotoBaller New York Yankees content.