BALLER MOVE: Add in All Leagues
ANALYSIS: Just in case you hadn’t noticed, Kyle Hendricks has been pitching extremely well for the Cubs - essentially since being called up to the majors – and is now making an appearance on our waiver wire pickups and sleepers list. Given that he’s still only 43% owned in Yahoo leagues, it is certainly warranted.
Since giving up four earned runs in his major league debut on 7/10, Hendricks has given up two earned runs only once. More specifically, he has give up either zero or one earned run over the next seven starts. And then gave up two earned runs in his last rain-shortened start. To summarize, he hasn’t given up more than two earned runs for eight consecutive starts. Wow.
His Ks aren’t overwhelming, racking up 31 K vs. 11 BB over 50 2/3 IP – but he’s also rocking a pristine 1.77 ERA and 1.00 WHIP. There may be some bumps along the way, as most MLB pitchers and rookies will experience from time to time, but if you’re looking to boost your pitching rotation down the stretch, or are in a keeper league, make sure Hendricks is on your roster and grab him off the waiver wire if he’s still available. He looks to be the real deal, and should be a solid contributor down the fantasy baseball home stretch and in future years as well.
- RotoBaller's daily updated 2014 fantasy baseball waiver wire pickups list
- MLB Batter vs. Pitcher (BvP) matchups grid with sortable daily matchups & DFS stats
- Check the daily MLB lineups to see who's starting & sitting
- RotoBaller's MLB closers and saves depth charts for fantasy baseball
- Daily Fantasy Baseball (DFS) Expert Lineup Picks
- Play free fantasy baseball at Fleaflicker-- year-round Commissioner and Dynasty Leagues
- 2014 MLB Prospects & Fantasy Baseball Rookies
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball Rankings
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers
- Check out more RotoBaller Chicago Cubs content.