BALLER MOVE: Add in All Leagues
ANALYSIS: Just in case you hadn’t noticed, Kyle Hendricks has been pitching extremely well for the Cubs – essentially since being called up to the majors – and is now making an appearance on our waiver wire pickups and sleepers list. Given that he’s still only 43% owned in Yahoo leagues, it is certainly warranted.
Since giving up four earned runs in his major league debut on 7/10, Hendricks has given up two earned runs only once. More specifically, he has give up either zero or one earned run over the next seven starts. And then gave up two earned runs in his last rain-shortened start. To summarize, he hasn’t given up more than two earned runs for eight consecutive starts. Wow.
His Ks aren’t overwhelming, racking up 31 K vs. 11 BB over 50 2/3 IP – but he’s also rocking a pristine 1.77 ERA and 1.00 WHIP. There may be some bumps along the way, as most MLB pitchers and rookies will experience from time to time, but if you’re looking to boost your pitching rotation down the stretch, or are in a keeper league, make sure Hendricks is on your roster and grab him off the waiver wire if he’s still available. He looks to be the real deal, and should be a solid contributor down the fantasy baseball home stretch and in future years as well.
Check out RotoBaller's entire 2015 fantasy baseball waiver wire pickups and sleepers list, updated daily!
- Play free fantasy baseball at Fleaflicker-- year-round Commissioner and Dynasty Leagues
- 2015 Fantasy Baseball Mock Drafts
- RotoBaller's daily updated 2015 fantasy baseball draft sleepers list
- 2015 Fantasy Baseball Rankings, Sleepers, Dynasty and Keepers
- RotoBaller's MLB closers and saves depth charts for fantasy baseball
- Check out more RotoBaller Chicago Cubs content.