RotoCole’s Daily Fantasy Baseball Lineup Advice: April 5th Edition
In the preseason, we brought you Daily League Strategy Part 1 and Part 2. Now, all season long, I will be giving you my advice on who to start in your daily fantasy lineups. Initially, this advice will cater to those who play on Fanduel. They offer some of the best gaming options for beginners, intermediate, and expert level players. Our job here at RotoBaller is to make your daily fantasy gaming experience a fun and successful one. Whether you are new to the daily fantasy scene or have been playing for years, our columns will be up-to-date and useful for all levels of experience. If you are indeed new to the scene, tweet me at @RotoCole and I will personally show you the ropes. Let’s win together. Ladies (one or two reading this) and gentlemen, here is your late game Daily Fantasy Baseball lineup advice for the late games on April 5th, 2013:
Prime Time Play: C Tyler Flowers - Through three games, he is hitting .571 with a ridiculous .700 OBP. Should be in all lineups.
1. OF Matt Kemp - He will be expensive in all formats and doesn't have an eye-popping career average against Jonathan Sanchez but today feels like the day Kemp will bust out. Sometimes you just gotta go with your gut!
2. 1B Paul Konerko - He's 4-5 in his career against Beavan and due for a bounce back effort. Cheap option as well.
3. SS Jose Reyes - A bit of an obvious selection due to his hot bat, but he should stay hot against Felix Doubront, whom he is 3-6 against in his career.
Suicide Squeezes - squeezing these players into your lineup will likely result in fantasy suicide:
1. OF Andre Ethier - He is just 4-30 in his career against Jonathan Sanchez.
2. SS Starlin Castro - Just 3-12 in his career against Mike Minor. There are cheaper options.
3. OF Rajai Davis - The speedy Davis is only 1-10 in his career against Felix Doubront.
RotoCole’s Fanduel Lineup for April 4th, 2013:
C: Tyler Flowers ($3,400) – Has never faced Beavan but is on an absolute tear right now.
1B: Paul Konerko ($3,600) - Career .800 hitter against Beavan. OK OK he is just 4-5 but still should be in your lineup.
2B: Brandon Phillips ($3,600) - Phillips is 3-12 in his career against Dan Haren, but two of those hits went for home runs.
3B: Evan Longoria ($4,500) - Has never seen a pitch from Zach McAllister. I'm banking on the vet owning the young'in.
SS: Jose Reyes ($4,200) - He is hot right now and 3-6 in his career vs Doubront.
OF: Matt Kemp ($4,500) - Kemp hits .344 in 32 at bats against Jonathan Sanchez.
OF: Alex Rios ($3,600) - Two hits in five at bats against Beaven and is hot right now.
OF: Jason Heyward ($3,900) - Should have a nice game against RHP Scott Feldman.
P: Alejandro Sanabia ($3,700) - The cheapest I have ever seen a starting pitcher and the Mets, whom he faces, struggled last night. If he can go 5 innings and give up 3 or less runs, I should win because my hitters are stacked.