Are you looking to make some fantasy trades? If your answer is “Yes”, then the RotoBaller.com Buy/Sell Weekly Article is where to find five players of the week to Sell High and five players to Buy Low.
You trade for one of two reasons:
- You need a shortstop, have an extra third baseman and someone has an extra shortstop. You trade a third baseman for a shortstop. Done.
- You have a player who is exceeding expectations. He is unlikely to keep it up, so you trade him for a position you need. Done
In this week’s edition of Buy/Sell we will look at players that have started the season RED HOT, that you should consider placing on your trading block:
- Chris Davis – If somehow you can get a top-notch player for Davis, sell him off. I do not consider him a Chris Shelton circa 2006 who hit 9 HR in the first 13 games. I think Chris Davis will end up with a lot of bombs; they’re just not going to come as pretty as his current .400 batting average, since he is a career .260 hitter.
- Clay Buchholz – He is pitching lights-out and showing flashes of his “younger days.” At best he will finish the season with an ERA in the mid-to-high 3s and wins will be harder to come by despite already having two on the season.
- Mike Minor – Shocked to see his name here though you may be, allow me to explain why: Minor capped off the second half of last season with a 2.16 ERA and a 0.87 WHIP and carried those right into the 2013 season (currently 0.69 ERA and 0.85 WHIP). He was going relatively late in drafts compared to his value, which means he isn’t– nor should he be– among your top pitchers. If you have the requisite depth, now is the time to trade Minor as his value almost certainly will not increase from here, Minor will be good, he just won’t be this good.
- Andy Pettitte – Two good starts for the Yankees. He is bound to get hurt or come down to reality. If you can sell him high, now would be the time because he is not a top-50 pitcher in baseball but you might be able to scoop one up for him.
- Will Middlebrooks – He started off hot but is struggling with a .222 BA. People may still have his 3-digger day in the back of their minds. Chances are you have another 3B on your roster. You should move Middlebrooks and obtain something you need.
- Brandon Moss – I would’ve sounded more intelligent about this buy’ em if it was last week when his batting average was sitting at .143. In 84 games, or a little more than half of last season, he hit 21 bombs and scored 48 runs. If you can pry him away cheap for someone who may not believe in him, do it as he is starting to get hot. Outside chance, he might be available for FREE, check your free agent market ASAP.
- Giancarlo Stanton – 0 HR, 0 RBI, and batting .167. This is as low as he is going to go. He will finish the season with 30+ HR and could potentially be traded to a better team (or the Mets, as rumor has it).
- Torii Hunter – He is efficient and it’s only a matter of time before those stats starts to show. He’s batting .405 on the season, without a homer yet but, I have a feeling once he hits his first bomb in a Tiger uniform, the power stats will begin to roll in.
- Desmond Jennings – It might take a lot to pry him away, but maybe not as much as his actual value will be at season’s end. He is a young 20/20 guy with 25/30 potential and starting this season a bit sluggishly without yet hitting a longball.
- Adam Wainwright – He signed his big deal and now he is pitching masterfully. He has given up a lot of hits and the ERA, currently at 3.46, will go down. Invest with confidence.
Do you have someone going on the DL? Did you do a 2-for-1 trade? Do you have someone you need to drop? And are looking for someone to pick up? Check out the Rotoballer.com Ultimate Waiver Wire Watch List. The Waiver Wire Watch List provides in-depth analysis on players that may currently be available for you to pick up free of charge. It’s one of the best fantasy baseball features currently available on the web!
- Play free fantasy baseball at Fleaflicker-- year-round Commissioner and Dynasty Leagues
- 2015 Fantasy Baseball Mock Drafts
- RotoBaller's daily updated 2015 fantasy baseball draft sleepers list
- 2015 Fantasy Baseball Rankings, Sleepers, Dynasty and Keepers
- RotoBaller's MLB closers and saves depth charts for fantasy baseball