BALLER MOVE: Add in Deep Leagues
ANALYSIS: In his first year in the rotation, Drew Smyly is performing quite nicely. Even though he’s the Tigers’ fifth starter, Smyly’s numbers indicate that he’s actually the third best man in the rotation behind Sanchez and Scherzer. His 3.19 ERA and 1.26 WHIP are more than respectable, and he has a nice strikeout rate of 7.6/9 IP. Smyly has only tallied four wins thus far, probably because he hasn’t been that efficient: on average, he goes 5.5 IP for each game started. But as we approach the second half of the season, Smyly should be fully acclimated to his starting role and should begin going deeper in games. He’s been on a very nice roll of late, with a 17:5 K:BB ratio and only 4 ER llowed over his last 25 IP, so Smyly can be a legitimate contributor in ERA, WHIP, and K categories. Keep a close eye on him and if he has a nice start vs. Houston consider snatching him up in all leagues.Check out RotoBaller's entire 2014 fantasy baseball waiver wire pickups list, updated daily!
- RotoBaller's daily updated 2014 fantasy baseball waiver wire pickups list
- MLB Batter vs. Pitcher (BvP) matchups grid with sortable daily matchups & DFS stats
- Check the daily MLB lineups to see who's starting & sitting
- RotoBaller's MLB closers and saves depth charts for fantasy baseball
- Daily Fantasy Baseball (DFS) Expert Lineup Picks
- Play free fantasy baseball at Fleaflicker-- year-round Commissioner and Dynasty Leagues
- 2014 MLB Prospects & Fantasy Baseball Rookies
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball Rankings
- 2014 Fantasy Baseball Sleepers
- Check out more RotoBaller Detroit Tigers content.