BALLER MOVE: Add in Deep Leagues
ANALYSIS: In his first year in the rotation, Drew Smyly is performing quite nicely. Even though he’s the Tigers’ fifth starter, Smyly’s numbers indicate that he’s actually the third best man in the rotation behind Sanchez and Scherzer. His 3.19 ERA and 1.26 WHIP are more than respectable, and he has a nice strikeout rate of 7.6/9 IP. Smyly has only tallied four wins thus far, probably because he hasn’t been that efficient: on average, he goes 5.5 IP for each game started. But as we approach the second half of the season, Smyly should be fully acclimated to his starting role and should begin going deeper in games. He’s been on a very nice roll of late, with a 17:5 K:BB ratio and only 4 ER llowed over his last 25 IP, so Smyly can be a legitimate contributor in ERA, WHIP, and K categories. Keep a close eye on him and if he has a nice start vs. Houston consider snatching him up in all leagues.Check out RotoBaller's entire 2015 fantasy baseball waiver wire pickups and sleepers list, updated daily!
- Play free fantasy baseball at Fleaflicker-- year-round Commissioner and Dynasty Leagues
- 2015 Fantasy Baseball Mock Drafts
- RotoBaller's daily updated 2015 fantasy baseball draft sleepers list
- 2015 Fantasy Baseball Rankings, Sleepers, Dynasty and Keepers
- RotoBaller's MLB closers and saves depth charts for fantasy baseball
- Check out more RotoBaller Detroit Tigers content.